Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Shoulder Surgery

So, I was told by my orthopedic doctor that I need rotator cuff surgery. Ugh. I have a negative MRI, but all my tests indicate that I need this surgery. He claims that about 40% of MRI's are wrong. So, should this erode my confidence in what some feel to be an uber medical diagnostic tool, or should this increase my confidence in my doctor that, through exerience, he feels he can do a better job of diagnosing than a machine. I know that the same situation happened with Pat, and the same doctor was right. I don't want to have surgery without a reason for it. Therefore, I certainly hope he's right.



Unfortunately, we don't know when the surgery will be scheduled. The doctor said that he is having surgery in the end of July which may delay mine until November, I hope not. I want my insurance to cough up and authorize this.

No comments: