Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Bun

Bun is my youngest son. He has Lawrence Moon Bardet Biedl syndrome. That is hard for me to discuss. He was born with 12 fingers and 11 toes. His toe was amputated at 5 months. His toes 2 weeks before his first birthday. His arm was in a cast on his first birthday. His foot has a weak joint where the inner baby toe was removed. He has a horrible scar on his hand. He has a slow metabolism and so he is over weight and very tall for his age. He could go blind when he gets older, he could have kidney problems, he could need hormone therapy to go into puberty, he could be sterile. He may be mentally retarded. He may not feel pain the way "normal" people do. He is speech delayed. He has autistic tendencies.





These are all the uncertainties that I deal with when I deal with my son. Do you have any more questions. I think this about covers Bun's syndrome and I hope it does because I am so tired of answering people's questions.





Here's a little more about Daniel. He has a great memory. He has beautiful blue eyes and thick curly hair. He is my little helper boy and I love him. He is my Bun.

No comments: