Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Blades of Glory


Well, Pat came home from the grocery store yesterday with this movie. This is his second attempt at buying it. The first time we bought it at Wal Mart. We opened it at home to find an empty case and Wal Mart refused to refund our money or exchange it. Thank you Wal Mart.
Normally, I don't like Will Ferrell. While I like crude humor, he's too crude for me. This movie however engaged me. I actually stayed more involved in it than Pat. It was laugh out loud. The cameos of former skating stars kept me scanning the screen hoping for yet another glimpse of an old hero or heroine.
The best part, however, was in the special features. I make no secret of the fact that I respect and idolize Scott Hamilton. There is a section where he answered 20 questions about skating and kept me laughing the whole time with his quick wit.

No comments: