Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Plastic


I love my crock pot. Pat got it for me for Christmas 1 1/2 years ago, and yes I did ask for it. But the handle on top broke with in a month, and Rival was not exactly willing to work with me to replace it. Well, I broke down and got a knob at the hardware store to give me an easily usable lid. For my 3 dollars I got a plastic bag with a plastic bag in it holding the knob, and a plastic bag holding a screw. Don't you think that's a lot of plastic for what I bought?
Plastic is one of man's curses to Earth. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a "green meanie" as I refer to the diehard environmentalists such as ELF and the Voluntary Human Extinction Movement. Plastic is different, it never goes away. Every microgram of plastic that was ever created is still with us today. It gets smaller and smaller, but it's still here. I try to do my part and recycle, but like in the packaging for my crockpot handle, I wish the companies would try to do their part too.

No comments: