Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A Guilty Pleasure

I have had a Neopets account for 8 1/2 years. I started this at work when I would have four hours of work in an 8 hour day. Naturally I wanted to do the work when my boss was around so I'd look useful and he'd feel good that he was bringing in enough sales to keep me busy. But what to do the other 4 hours while waiting for the phone to ring. Free Cell and Minesweeper get old quickly. I had to keep the phone lines open so I looked into online gaming and found Neopets. I have played with this account, off and on, for many moons and it still keeps me happy. It keeps me from being depressed by keeping me from dwelling on being alone. It has provided friends through a guild I joined and a way to escape to a colourful, happy world where I don't have to hear Mama being called out constantly, if only for a few minutes a day.

No comments: